Monday 1 December 2008

Save Sanders Lane!

I was out and about in Barnet yesterday, dropping off leaflets about Wednesday's rally and meeting to Dollis Park and District Residents Association. On my way through Mill Hill East I passed a big banner saying SAVE SANDERS LANE.

When I got home I looked on the Internet and found this website: Save Sanders Lane.

I'm all for saving green spaces, I'm not a fan of too many cars (please note, "too many cars" - I can see their usefulness for many people), and prefer walking and using public transport - so, yes, SAVE SANDERS LANE!

But what's also immediately striking about this case is the complete lack of transparency there has been from the council about what they want to do. Have a look for yourselves. It reminds me of the lack of transparency the council is demonstrating over Future Shape.

No comments: