Monday 8 February 2010

Good evening, from Burnt Toast

Stuck on a tube train in a tunnel for a while today, in front of me was a 118 118 advert for their find-a-London-restaurant service (this is not product placement, by the way, however much it looks like it). They have done a mock tube map, with the names of some stations replaced by food related names, eg, Chutney Bridge.

I had a go at making up some names from the Northern Line map. Here's what I came up with, in the order: Eggware branch, High Barley branch, Charcroute branch, Banquet branch, then all stations to Mortadella. It was hard, there are big gaps (shown red), and I was very relieved when the train started moving again and I could leave it at Juiceton station.

Eggware
Burnt Toast
Colindhal
Hendon Central (don't have to do anything with that)
Baked Crust
Golders Greens
Hamperstead
Belsize Pak choi
Pork Farm
Camden Tofu
High Barley
Tot o' Whisky
Wood pigeon Pie
Mill Hill Yeast
West Finger buffet
Finger buffet Central
East Finger buffet
Highgateau
Archers
Toffee Park
Kettle Town
Mornington Croissant (copied 118 118's Charing Croissant)
Juiceton
Warren Sweet
Goujon Street
Tottenham Kourtaki (in honour of Dionysus and Gigs Greek restaurants)
Red Leicester Square
Charcroute
M&Mbankment
Water jug
Kenningtonic
King Prawn curry
Angelica
Oil Street
Marguerita
Banquet
London Bridge roll
Brew
Elephant and Newcastle brown ale
Kenningtonic (again)
Offal
Stock cube
Clam North
Clam Common
Clam South
Balsam (as in balsamic vinegar)
Tutti Frutti Bec
Tutti Frutti Broadway
Caulis Wood
South Wimbledonut
Mortadella

Postscript: I finished the list last night while lying in bed. Most of the names reflect in some way what I think of the place in question. It's been a lot of fun. Can I have my brain back now?

No comments: