Monday 1 February 2010

Smooth operator... or perhaps not

Enjoying the spoof David Cameron posters at http://mydavidcameron.com/. Two faves below (until they tell me to take them down and write my own jokes).



By the way, have you received your 'A World Class NHS' letter from David Cameron in the post yet? I don't know whether they are sending these out around the country, or just in marginals, but it's probably on its way. The letter's not bad, actually, but the leaflet it accompanies has too many cheesy photos of Cameron with his tie bizarrely tucked into his shirt, getting down with some female NHS patients and staff.

There aren't any black staff or patients in the photos, which simply doesn't reflect reality anywhere in the country, but especially in London. This is a bit of a problem.

I'm guessing the Conservatives are touting for the votes of white, middle-aged and elderly women with this publicity. Whilst I do fall into this demographic, I also fall into the "would never vote Conservative except, possibly, with a gun pointed at her head" category, so I'm afraid I can't tell you whether this advertising strategy is successful or not.

1 comment:

Rog T said...

So you admit you'd vote Tory (albiet with a gun at your head). What is the world coming to.