Monday 22 March 2010

My Tracey Emin moment


I saw Tracey Emin on the David Dimbleby "The Seven Ages of Britain" programme last night. I'm not a huge fan of her work, but I can understand the motivation behind much of it, and applaud that.

Then my artistic cousin Gemma Parker has sent me a request for a picture of my dressing table for a project, "The Art of Dressing Up".

I have snapped what passes for my dressing table and as it is probably too ugly to make it into my cousin's gallery, and I hate for my efforts to go to waste, I will share it with you now (whether you want me to or not). It is mostly covered in objects covered in dust and, obviously, an empty tea cup. Time for a spring clean. I do, however, use the deodorant and the hairbrush.

The picture is of me in my mortar board and gown for my MRes degree ceremony - a year ago now!

No comments: