Monday 7 March 2011

Barnet bag of shite: Barnet PledgeBank (no.1 in an all-too-frequent series)

It's a relief to learn from Rog T's correspondence with a top local police officer that my heckling at the council meeting on 1 March did not constitute a breach of the peace. I didn't risk arrest then. However, one of the MetPro security goons did offer me outside - I'm glad I resisted the temptation, as fisticuffs would have been bang out of order.

I certainly didn't go to the meeting with the intention of heckling - well, not much. A few mutters, I suppose, in unison with others. And, of course, the dignified, silent "right to film" protest.

But when you hear people spouting utter shite, it's simply dishonourable to sit there in silence.

So when, in her summing up speech on the budget, Lynne Hillan spoke warmly of Barnet PledgeBank I simply had to shout across the hallowed assembly:
Five pledges! There are five pledges on PledgeBank. It's a load of rubbish - and we're paying for it!
At that I sat down again. This seems fair comment, and I'm not at all ashamed of having interjected at this point. As far as I'm concerned, Barnet PledgeBank is a fraud being perpetrated on the residents of Barnet. That's it really.

1 comment:

Mrs Angry said...

well said, Vicki: and well heckled - pledgebank and the budget ideas website are the same product of the culture of decadence at Barnet: spin dressed up as service, money down the drain.